QA & Software Testing
The inclusion of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the software testing domain is steadily gaining demand. Certain organizations have implemented AI in software testing and were able to see astounding results in line with speed and efficiency. The combination is such that AI can be used in software testing and on the contrary, software testing methods can be applied to AI systems for improved performance. In this article, you will get to know about the types of machine learning and the best AI testing tools.
What is Machine Learning (ML)?
It is a branch of AI that is focused on developing applications by learning from data patterns, without the need for any programming.
Following are the three types of machine learning:
1. Supervised learning: In this type, on the labeled data platform, the machine learning algorithm is trained. For this method of work, the data needs to be labeled accurately. A small training dataset is given to the ML algorithm to work with. The training dataset is a small part of the big dataset and a basic idea is given to the algorithm about the problem, solutions and data points that need to be dealt with. The final dataset is almost similar to the training dataset when compared to its characteristics. The labeled parameters required for the problem are provided to the algorithm.
2. Unsupervised learning: This type of ML can easily work with unlabelled data. This means to make the dataset machine-readable, human labor is not required. This in turn allows for much larger datasets that can be worked out by the program.
3. Reinforcement learning: In this type, an algorithm is used that basically improves upon itself and from new situations tries to learn using a trial-and-error method. Favorable outputs are reinforced or encouraged and non-favorable outputs are discouraged. The algorithm is put into a work environment with a reward system and interpreter, and this is how reinforcement learning works. When the algorithm is iterated, the interpreter receives the output result, which then decides whether the outcome is favorable or not.
What is AI in software testing?
The concept of introducing AI in software testing is to make the software development process more efficient and streamlined. By applying problem-solving and reasoning methods, the testing process can be carried out in a more efficient manner. The amount of repetitive tasks can also be drastically reduced by applying AI in software testing.
Following are some of the best AI testing tools:
1. Testim: It is a functional testing tool that uses AI and ML to speed up the maintenance, execution and authoring of automated tests. This tool can run on different browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari. There are two plans available by this tool and those are “basic” and “pro.” The basic plan as usual comes with limited features, whereas the Pro plan supports almost everything in line with test automation activities.
2. Functionize: It is a cloud-based automated testing tool that is basically used for load, performance and functional testing. This tool uses artificial intelligence and machine learning for test creation, diagnosis and maintenance. One of the best things about this tool is that there is not much thought process involved before carrying out any tests. You have to just type in English what you want to test and the Natural Language Processing (NLP) will create the functional test cases.
3. Applitools: It is an AI-powered visual UI testing and monitoring software. It can be used by professionals in manual QA, DevOps, test automation, engineering and digital transformation teams. The ML and AI algorithms are adaptive.
4. Mabi: It is a unified DevTestOps platform that provides testers and developers to easily create and run automated functional UI tests at a faster pace. Auto-healing tests can be generated by this tool, which can adapt to UI changes.
Conclusion: After reading this article, you might have got some idea about the types of ML and some of the best AI testing tools. If you are looking for methodical and strategic information on AI and ML from a software testing viewpoint, then do get connected with a well-renowned software testing services company.
About the author: I am a technical content writer focused on writing technology specific articles. I strive to provide well-researched information on the leading market savvy technologies.